Dear Sir/Madam, Disruptive technology is the technology that affects the normal operation of a market or an industry. It displaces a well-established product or technology, creating a new industry or market. It is an innovation that significantly alters the way that consumers, industries, or businesses operate. A disruptive technology sweeps away the systems or habits it replaces because it has attributes that are recognizably superior. Since its inception, disruptive technologies have become a buzzword in start-up businesses that seek to create a product with mass appeal. Even a start-up with limited resources can aim at technology disruption by inventing an entirely new way of getting something done. Established companies tend to focus on what they do best and pursue incremental improvements rather than revolutionary changes. They cater to their largest and most demanding customers. New technology can either be sustaining or disruptive. While sustaining technology depends on the incremental improvements in the already existing technology, disruptive technology is a completely new one. Hence, the practical application of such types of technology may not have been proven yet. Also, disruptive technologies often attract a small audience and generate performance problems. They do not occur frequently; however, they are more suitable for long-term use. They may not be able to fulfil the demands of the high-end market initially, but they exceed market expectations when it appears to be profitable. Disruptive technologies are generally originated from start-ups and young companies rather than the leading companies. It is in this context that Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce, Mar Ivanios College (Autonomous), University of Kerala is hosting an international seminar entitled: “DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGY AND BUSINESS: EMERGING CHALLENGES AND MODELS” during March 25th to 27th 2021. We have immense pleasure in inviting you to participate in the seminar. Research papers and presentations will enrich the seminar proceeding and your valuable inputs in this regard will be appreciated. Looking forward to meet you in the seminar.
Lt. Dr. Regina Sibi Cleetus Conference Secretary
Dr. Arun Lawrence Organizing Secretary
About Mar Ivanios College (Autonomous)
Mar Ivanios College since its inception under the percipient guidance of Servant of God Archbishop Mar Ivanios in 1949 has been an institution of distinction providing quality education. The College is one of the Malankara Syrian Catholic Colleges established and administered by the Major Archdiocese of Trivandrum in accordance with the rights of the minority community guaranteed in the Constitution of India. The institution offers eighteen Degree programmes and nine Post Graduate programmes at present. In the endeavour of excellence, it has established six Research Centres. The College is the first Institution in the University of Kerala to receive accreditation from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 1999 and also the first to complete the fourth cycle of re-accreditation process. The NAAC Peer Team over the years has commended the various contributions of the College to the student community and society at large. Since 13th June 2014 the College has been conferred with Autonomy status by the University of Kerala upon recommendations from UGC. It has also bagged a position among the first 50 colleges in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) among the category of Arts, Science and Commerce colleges for three consecutive years since 2018.
About Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce
The Department of Commerce was established in 1954 with a three year under graduate course. In 1961 it was converted as a Post Graduate Department and in 2001 it was recognised as Research Centre by the University of Kerala. Over the years it has established itself as centre of excellence in Commerce Education and Research in the state of Kerala. At present the department offers 3 Degree programmes, a Post-Graduate and a research programme. The broad research areas of the department include Accounting, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Tourism, Marketing, Knowledge Management and International Business. The department is in the practice of organizing regularly organizes various academic programmes in collaboration with reputed Institutions of Higher Education and also professional associations in the country like The Indian Accounting Association, ICAI, CMA, ICSI and Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
About the Seminar
Disruptive technologies are those that result in a significant change in the cost of, or access to, products or services, or that dramatically change how we gather information make products or interact. They are largely enabled by the dramatic increase in computing capacity and internet bandwidth that has made their diffusion economically faster and initiated the 4th Industrial Revolution. The rise of disruptive technologies has radically altered the way business was conducted for instance ride-hailing companies own no vehicles, digital retailers have no inventory, online accommodation providers own no real estate and social media companies own limited content. While opening up the door of opportunities disruptive technologies have prone business to uncertainties like never before. The International Seminar “Disruptive Technology and Business: Emerging Challenges and Models” aims to provide a platform for deliberations to policy makers, academicians, researchers, industrialists, students and the general public on the disruptive technologies, the solutions put-forward by business in response to the disruptive wave and the challenges arising therefrom.
Call for Papers:
Authors are invited to submit their original and unpublished manuscripts based on research, experiences, value-based decision making or promising ideas that demonstrate research focusing on a variety of aspects needed to achieve strategies for excellence.
Disruptive Technology and Business: Emerging Challenges and Models
Sub- Theme 1 Logistics Management: Operations and System
1.Innovative Models in Logistics Management. 2. Disruptive Technologies in Operations Management 3. Supply Chain Models 4. Logistics in the Digital World 5. Business Education in the Age of Disruptions
Sub-Theme 2 Digital Disruptions in Finance
1. Blockchain Technology the New Hype in the Financial Industry 2. Big data and Advanced Analytics for Enhanced Customer Experience in the Banking and Allied Sectors 3. Artificial Intelligence (AI) the Future of Financial Service 4. Fintech Revolution 5. Disruptions in Financial Reporting and Auditing
Sub-Theme 3 Marketing in the Era of Technological Disruptions
1. Disruptive Technologies in Marketing 2. Disruptive Marketing Strategies 3. Market Disruption caused by Digital Marketing 4. Artificial Intelligence Marketing 5. Big Data in Marketing and Sales
Sub-Theme 4 HR in the Age of Disruptions
1. Disruptive Trends and Opportunities Extended by Digital Technologies in HR 2. Industry 4.0 and Future of HR 3. HR as Innovation Role Models 4. Building Workforce in a Disrupted World 5. EACH Model in the Age of Disruption
• All the other topics related to themes & sub-themes are most welcome. • ** Themes and sub-themes are indicative. Authors can submit paper(s) on any topic related to the theme of the conference.
• Authors should submit their original and unpublished papers in word format. The manuscript should not be under the process of publication or should not have been submitted to any journal. • Abstract of not more than 300 words and 5-7 keywords bearing the author's name(s), contact details and e-mail id(s) should be emailed to • Full paper should have a separate cover page bearing only the title of the paper and author's name, designation, official address along with phone number and e-mail address: email@example.com • Full paper should not exceed 5000 words (all inclusive) and APA format (Times New Roman, 12pt, single spacing) should be followed throughout the manuscript. • Authors will be notified about the acceptance of their paper(s) for presentation through email, after which the process of registration will begin. • Registration will be confirmed only after the payment. • Registration form is available in the seminar website. • Author(s) with multiple entries must register for each paper separately. • Co-authors are required to register and make the payment separately for attending the seminar and to get presentation/participation certificate.
• Selected papers will be invited for review and potential publication in edited book with ISBN Number. • The papers shall be selected for publication strictly on merit basis. The committee does not accept any fee towards the publication of papers.